“If you’re going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big.”
A while back, I watched a programme about Donald Trump – the American multi billionaire property tycoon.
Whether you like him or loathe him, you can’t deny the fact that he’s built himself an astounding business – one started by his father.
The one thing that struck me is that the man has no fear. He completely believes in himself, and therefore everyone around him believes in him too.
He has built the business on his name, has stuck to what he values, and has created an incredible strong “˜Trump’ brand. People know what it stands for, and more importantly, want a piece of it – whatever the cost.
Now, here’s a thing. He’s bought a piece of land in the Scottish Highlands and is currently building a golf course and club, and luxury hotel, on this land. He is also intending on building some residential houses, although I’m guessing these will be luxury homes, not two bed starter homes!
He has a similar golf resort in the States?with a joining fee of over $300,000 PLUS a $20,000 a year membership fee. It has 300 members of A listers such as President Bill Clinton, Clint Eastwood and Jack Nicholson, and a waiting list to join. (Just in case you were thinking of joining the waiting list, this club is in Westchester, just outside New York!).
And he’s planning on charging these types of fees in Scotland too.
Unfortunately I don’t play golf, otherwise I might be tempted? ;o)
Joking aside, there are some big lessons that you can take from Donald Trump for your own business.
– Do you completely believe in yourself?enough that other people just get swept along with that belief?
– Are you creating a strong brand of one? (ie you)
– Do you know what you stand for? ?.What you value? ?.What people will intrinsically expect from you when they buy your products or services?
– Have you made that very clear?
– Is your mindset one of complete success?
– How high have you set your sights? Donald Trump set out to create a huge and successful business. OK, so you may not be in the business of setting up high end luxury golf clubs, but what this tells you is that there are people out there who spend money. And they’ll spend it with you if they believe in you enough. Which comes full circle to my first question?do you completely believe in yourself?
– And have you set your sights high enough? (Did I mention that before?!)
Whilst you’re planning your business for the remainder of the year (and when you begin to think about your plans for 2012), use the lessons from Donald Trump to aim for the stars and make your business truly great!
Have an outstanding week!
Dedicated to your success,